Monday, February 7, 2011

What drives me?

A lot of my friends constantly ask me... "How do you do it?". They're referring to my crazy sleep patterns and late nights followed by early mornings, followed by more late nights and early mornings. It's as if my body is able to cope with 4 hours of sleep a day, or so it seems. It does have its drawbacks, and long term effects, but at the moment I'm in a creative space like never before. I've been learning things at an incredible pace and I see myself getting better at it. I've been working 8 hours a day, then recording musicians at night, only to come back home and shoot pictures and time lapses. So how do I do it?

Watch this video below and see if it answers my question. I first watched this video when Dr. Gert Gast showed it to my class when I was still studying. It has left a lasting impact on me, and has radically changed my views on social acceptance of highly creative individuals.

 

This is the only video that I have saved on my phone and I watch it regularly before I sleep. Sir Ken Robinson is a brilliant speaker, and what he says in the video, is totally in sync with my belief. I am creative by nature and I have a habit of thinking outside the box... all the time. I grew up in an education system that not only concentrated on academic progress, but also nurtured my extra curricular talents and encouraged me to pursue what I love and have faith in my abilities. I think I am very lucky that I love my job. I don't think of it as work, but merely an activity that I am passionate about. I do get tired and it does get stressful sometimes, but I still have this drive that pushes me to keep at it, and improve with each passing day.

I am enjoying this creative space at the moment, and I hope that my friends and acquaintances benefit from my creative space as well, so that their talents are nurtured and encouraged. I love learning new things and I am open to learning virtually anything that I come across. At the moment, I am learning more about photography and polishing my skills in audio to take me to the next level.

That is how I do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment