Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Extreme Music Making

My friend Carlos showed me this link the other day... It completely blew me away. Featuring Amon Tobin, a Brazilian born genius settled in Montreal, the series of videos shows how he makes music.

If you're into sampling, this one's your new favorite :) Check it out!


It's really inspiring how far some people can go to make music out of random sounds. I tried something earlier this evening and was pleasantly surprised to see what I could do with sounds recorded on my laptop's microphone and time stretching, pitch shifting and modulating those sounds. I'm seriously considering getting Max for Live so I can program my own plugins like my friend Alex Moss. He built a superb plugin from scratch that samples and loops a random sample that you feed into it. I fear I'll lock myself up for a month and just play around with the software and eventually get fired from my job if I start using Max!!

Another link that you might find interesting is http://www.everydaylistening.com/ . This is a brilliant and inspiring website showing some really innovative artistic work that people are doing all around the world.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment