Sunday, February 6, 2011

Glendon's Angels

I just had to dedicate this post to Glendon's Angels... and they probably hate me for calling them by that name. Laura, Tracy and Johanna are 3 young girls that my good friend Glendon Harris brought in to record. The first time I heard them, they completely blew me away with their control over their voices and their understanding of pitch, melody and harmony. They're all in their teens, Jo being the youngest. They can harmonize virtually any song in no time.

It's been such a pleasure recording them! They're humble, they're patient, they're funny, they're super-talented, and above all, they're professionals. It's been a lot of fun so far and we're aiming to wrap up all of the recording by the end of the month. Glendon's been an awesome producer all along, to a point where all I have to do, is just place a microphone anywhere, and things sound good from the get go!

Stephanie Kong has been an awesome assistant engineer so far, and to be honest, I hardly have to do anything. I just come in and sit in a corner, and off she goes! I let her handle most of the sessions once we're set up and she's always on top of it all! Thanks heaps Steph!

Thank you Glendon... and thank you Angels for coming in to record with us at SAE. This is one project I'm really proud to be a part of! We'll put up a group photo soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment