Sunday, February 6, 2011

Night Sky Shots

I got back home after a late night recording session and looked up... I just couldn't miss this opportunity! My initial idea was to go for a time lapse, but it was already 3:00 am and the camera's battery wasn't charged enough to go for a couple of hours. Still, I figured I could practice some shots so I could find a perfect place to go for a time lapse the following night. While I was setting up, I saw at least 3 shooting stars at different intervals... if only I could've captured them!!

I need to get a faster wide angle lens, which I hope to borrow from Glendon before I buy one for myself. I need to set my exposure time to <15s or the stars move just enough to cause a blur. OR... I set up my telescope mount and track the stars all night :) Anyhoo, enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool, Sigma make a 20mm f/1.8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs Akshay! Must say I'm having a tough time keeping count of your talents - music, photography and writing. Love your blog! Keep blogging and please take care of yourself. Lot's of love and a bear hug :)

    ReplyDelete