Saturday, February 5, 2011

We Are Not Alone!

I remember having a conversation with one of my friends in Uni when I was studying Electronics. Out of nowhere, he asked me, "Do you think there are aliens out there?". I replied, "Yes. Most definitely. And if they are out there, they're probably as evolved as we are."

It's funny how we are so desperate to look for life out there, that we end up spending billions of dollars on space expeditions and other useless shit. I think humans are not meant to be on this planet in the first place. We are the aliens. We're destroying the planet at an incredible pace and we still don't acknowledge it as a race, merely because we fear that the global economy will collapse and people will die of poverty.

We rarely think of the rest of the species around us. The other day I read an article about a man-eater being shot dead because it was killing villagers on a regular basis. It turned out to be a tiger, and we complain that there are only 2000 of them left in the world. The tiger is my favorite animal... in fact if I ever get a tattoo, it will be dedicated to the tiger. If we treated all species equally, should we give chicken the right to kill humans just because their eggs are taken away? Or should we equip all our cows with Rambo knives to kill us when we kill their friends for meat?

We won't. We're selfish. And we're destroying ourselves, before we destroy anyone else. We're using global warming as an excuse, but quite frankly, I don't think we're gonna survive the next 500 years to live as free men and women. We're gonna die anyway, so it's not a big deal. There will be consequences, and we're gonna find out pretty soon. I'm glad I wasn't born any later than I was, because I can only see us going down.

And while you think about it, I'm gonna go record some music :)

3 comments:

  1. The tiger is my favourite animal too. And your post feels like it's come right out of my head. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiger is trying to survive, but so are the villagers. It's always a part of nature, humans or not for survival and to protect your own offspring and your own society for those animal groups that are socially structured to conflict with those same survival and protective aspects of others.

    It's not a destruction of the planet, only for us. The atmosphere used to be a reducing one, mainly CO2, no oxygen, chlorophyll and simple cells and algae coming into contact with it chaged the world forever by changing the atmosphere into an oxidising one and promoting more complex organisms through oxidation and mutation.

    By today's standards the old world was a really noxious polluted place.

    It's no problem in the grand scheme of all things Earth, and whatever happens will balance and stabilise again. It's only a problem for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry not CO2, but a lack of oxygen, which only supports one cells organisms iirc.. the simplest life can get.

    ReplyDelete